Friday 22 July 2011

New beginnings...

They often say that starting is the most difficult part of any journey.  Well this is my journey and I hope to share it with you.  It's just a cornucopia of things big and small that I think make life amazing. Join me?


Victoria BC Tourist - Panoramic photo of Victoria Harbor


Call me Ishmael. (Herman Melville Moby-Dick). All this happened, more or less. (Kurt Vonnegut Slaughterhouse-Five). I have to defer to the great classics for a memorable opening line. The above are great, but for our purposes I will "borrow" from Joseph Heller's Catch-22, "It was love at first sight." That how I felt when I drove into Victoria.  I didn't yet have the keys nor need to see the inside of our new place to feel that Victoria is going to be home.

It is easy to fall in love with this city.  Just look at the panoramic shot taken one evening.  People come from around the world to visit and I think that there are plenty of reasons why.  It's the weather, the natural beauty, the art, the epicurean delights and above all the people.

So that's it, I'm smitten.  Stay tuned and I will explore some the highs life here has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment